As the school year has progressed, we have assessed the afternoon dismissal process and have made a few adjustments to make the process more efficient, guarantee each creative learner makes it home in the appropriate way, and ensure the safety of each child. After listening to your concerns, we have thoughtfully planned these changes to help parents and will start this process on Tuesday, October 11, 2016. As always, we appreciate your patience and truly believe that this will improve the day to day operations of the school. Please review the following:
1) Afternoon carpool will now run the same as morning carpool which has run smoothly and quickly.
2) We are giving every child a carpool tag to guarantee that we are sending them home with the authorized pick up person. Please make sure you have your carpool tag with you in the carpool and walk up line.
3) Walk ups will now operate at the sidewalk on Whitney Avenue behind the cafeteria. We will start calling walk ups once carpool begins at 3:15, and there will be a designated faculty or staff member with a walkie talkie to call for your child. Please show the staff member the carpool tag that we are sending home today so that we know we are sending your child home with the authorized pick up person. If you or your pickup person does not have the carpool tag, please show an ID so that the staff member can call down to the office to confirm that the person is approved.
4) The front parking lot will be utilized for bus dismissal from 2:45-3:30pm. This means that any cars parked in this front lot will not be able to move from 2:45-3:30pm. You are welcome to park on Anson as long as you do not block the Entergy driveway.
5) No early pick up from the afterschool program will be called until after regular dismissal is over to certify that all creative learners are in their designated areas.
6) We understand that emergencies happen, but to confirm that your child is on the updated form of transportation, all transportation changes will need to be made in writing before 1:00pm. You can first try contacting the teacher, but if you do not hear back, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org before 1:00pm.
7) Check outs end at 2:45pm.
Brandon House, School Leader